Schwarzl, Magdalena, Ludovic Autin, Graham Johnson, Thomas Torsney-Weir, and Torsten Möller. “Cellpackexplorer: Interactive model building for volumetric data of complex cells,” Computers & Graphics: X. 2019.
Torsney-Weir, Thomas, Torsten Möller, Michael Sedlmair, and R. Mike Kirby. “Hypersliceplorer: Interactive visualization of shapes in multiple dimensions,” Computer Graphics Forum. 2018.
Torsney-Weir, Thomas, Michael Sedlmair, and Torsten Möller. “Sliceplorer: 1D slices for multi-dimensional continuous functions,” Computer Graphics Forum. 2017.
Torsney-Weir, Thomas, Steven Bergner, Derek Bingham, and Torsten Möller. “Predicting the interactive rendering time threshold of Gaussian process models with HyperSlice,” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. 2017.
Pajer, Stephan, Mark Streit, Thomas Torsney-Weir, Florian Spechtenhauser, Torsten Möller, and Harald Piringer. “WeightLifter: Visual Weight Space Exploration for Multi-Criteria Decision Making,” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. 2016.
Kainz, Bernhard, Markus Steinberger, Wolfgang Wein, Maria Kuklisova-Murgasova, Christina Malamateniou, Kevin Keraudren, Thomas Torsney-Weir, et al. “Fast Volume Reconstruction from Motion Corrupted Stacks of 2D Slices,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. 2015.
Torsney-Weir, Thomas, Ahmed Saad, Torsten Möller, Britta Weber, Hans-Christian Hege, Jean-Marc Verbavatz, and Steven Bergner. “Tuner: Principled Parameter Finding for Image Segmentation Algorithms Using Visual Response Surface Exploration,” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. 2011.
Torsney-Weir, Thomas, Shahrzad Afroozeh, Michael Sedlmair, and Torsten Möller. “Risk fixers and sweet spotters: A study of the different approaches to using visual sensitivity analysis in an investment scenario,” EuroVis 2018 - Short Papers. 2018.
Torsney-Weir, Thomas, Michael Sedlmair, and Torsten Möller. Decision making in uncertainty visualization 2015.
Torsney-Weir, Thomas. “Slicing multi-dimensional spaces” 2018.
Torsney-Weir, Thomas. “Visual analysis of high-dimensional parameter spaces” 2012.
Torsney-Weir, Thomas, Ahmed Saad, Torsten Möller, Britta Weber, Hans-Christian Hege, and Jean-Marc Verbavatz. PReSM: Principled parameter finding for image segmentation algorithms using visual response surface exploration 2011.
- July 2019 – present
- Lecturer Computer Science Department, Swansea University
- April 2018 – June 2019
- Universitätsassistent (“post doc”) Visualization and data analysis research group, University of Vienna
- July 2016 – October 2016
- Research internship Center for Applied Scientific Computing, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- January 2015 – April 2018
- Universitätsassistent (“prae doc”) Visualization and data analysis research group, University of Vienna
- January 2011 – December 2012
- Research assistant GrUVi Lab, SFU Computing Science Department
- September 2005 – May 2006
- Research assistant NYU Proteus Project, NYU Computer Science Department
- May 2002 – October 2002
- Research assistant “Learning driving behaviors for autonomous vehicles,” NIST-funded project, Georgetown Computer Science Department
- PhD in Computer Science. University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
- MSc in Computer Science. Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada
- BS in Computer Science. Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
- September 8, 2020
- “Visualization for understanding regression models.” Turing Institute, London, UK.
- October 30, 2019
- “Visualizing multi-dimensional spaces.” JKU Linz, Austria.
- May 03, 2019
- “Visualization and machine learning.” Data science hackathon, Vienna, Austria.
- March 18, 2019
- “Slicing multi-dimensional spaces.” Data and Design Meetup, Vienna, Austria.
- January 10, 2017
- “Visualization of machine learning algorithms.” JKU Linz, Austria.
- January 8, 2017
- “Tuner”, MedVis 2, TU Wien, Vienna, Austria.
- November 30, 2017
- “Slicing multi-dimensional spaces.” Discrete geometry seminar, Freie University Berlin, Germany.
- May 6, 2014
- “scala-swing.” Vienna Scala meetup group, Vienna, Austria.
- September 19, 2013
- “Tuner.” Visualization and virtual reality research group, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK.
- June 20, 2012
- “Tuner.” MADAI workshop, Duke University, Durham, NC.
- September 16, 2011
- “Visualization of computer models.” MoCCSy Graduate Seminar, Burnaby, BC.
- 2019 – present
- IPC member, EuroVis STAR
- 2014 – present
- Program committee member, International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces
- 2012 – present
- Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics
- IPC member, International Symposium on Visual Computing
- 2016 – 2018
- Student volunteer chair IEEE Visualization conference
- Program committee member, Workshop on Exploratory Search and Interactive Data Analytics (ESIDA 2018)
- 2016 – 2018
- Program committee member, International EuroVis workshop on visual analytics (EuroVA)
- 2012 – 2014
- Reviewer, EG/VGTC Conference on visualization (EuroVis)
- Reviewer, Computers and Graphics
- Relational and Object-Oriented Database Systems
- Data visualization
- Visualization and Visual Data Analysis
- Foundations of Data Analysis
- Introduction to Computer Graphics
- Introduction to Data Structures and Algorithms
- A/B publication strategy award, University of Vienna
- Spring 2012
- SFU graduate fellowship (Masters), CAD 6,250
- September 2007 – June 2010
- Vice President, Lead Developer StoneCastle Partners. New York, NY
- July 2004 – September 2007
- Vice President, Lead Developer Bear Stearns Asset Management. New York, NY
- March 2003 – July 2004
- Senior Associate Moody’s Investors Service. New York, NY
- Scuba diving
- Board games
- Trail running